Gap stats

Hi, I am looking to print all days that Q's are gapping down 1% or more for the last year and unsure about how to do so.

Thanks

I know it would include something like md.l1.open <= md.stat.prevclose (-1)

Comments

• ptunneyptunney Posts: 246

Kyle

Hi, I am looking to print all days that Q's are gapping down 1% or more for the last year and unsure about how to do so.

You have multiple tools for looking at your data, each one of them can help you with an investigation in different ways. Some are better than others for achieving your outcome, sometimes this is dependent on your skill level in those environments.

For accessing historical data CloudQuant offers four choices Mariner (backtester), Explorer, CQAI, Excel plug in.

For the challenge you have set yourself above, you can achieve this with all of these services but some are better than others, some are much better, and which you choose will depend upon your skill level with each.

I would suggest, if you have Excel, and are mildly skilled with it, you should get the Excel plug in Do a query on daily bars for QQQ for the history you require, and add an extra column or two to do your calculation.

If you are skilled with Python and Pandas, use CQ AI. If you are not skilled with Python and Pandas, consider learning, it will be an incredibly useful extra muscle in your trading.

Explorer can do this but it is complicated.

Using Mariner (the backtester) to do this is the slowest option.

Paul Tunney
    Customer Success Manager/Sales Engineer
    www.CloudQuant.com