Indentation Error

Please , I would like to know why I am getting of indentation while using the editor of cloudquant. Below is the message error I am getting

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "run_simulation.py", line 558, in
main(sys.argv[1:])
File "run_simulation.py", line 442, in main
cls = extract_strategy_class(src_file)
File "run_simulation.py", line 66, in extract_strategy_class
execfile(filename, global_dict)
File "job/CQa7b06e53ef274ab2af39c350e2f9d341.py", line 79

self.inposition = 1
^

IndentationError: unexpected indent

Exception during results loading:

Comments

• ptunneyptunney Posts: 246

We cannot see your code so it is difficult to tell from just the error and one line of code..
    If you want to share a little more, privately, then send a message to customer_success@cloudquant.com
    with a few more lines surrounding the line creating the error I may be able to help!

• Thanks, I solve it myself. It is about spacing and alignment inside your code. You can use notepad++ to help you about indentation

• @lf263820 said:
    Thanks, I solve it myself. It is about spacing and alignment inside your code. You can use notepad++ to help you about indentation.

• @lf263820 said:

@lf263820 said:
    Thanks, I solve it myself. It is about spacing and alignment inside your code. You can use notepad++ to help you for your indentation, which is crucial in python.

• As the error message indicates, you have an unexpected indent error. This error occurs when a statement is unnecessarily indented or its indentation does not match the indentation of former statements in the same block. Python not only insists on indentation, it insists on consistent indentation . You are free to choose the number of spaces of indentation to use, but you then need to stick with it. If you indent one line by 4 spaces, but then indent the next by 2 (or 5, or 10, or ...), you'll get this error. Whenever you have a situation with code inside of a statement, that inside code must be indented, and must be indented consistently. It is used by the interpreter to know how to delimit blocks of instructions.