Does Cloud Quant fund strategies ?

I'm unclear whether strategies are funded or is this a place to try data sets.

Comments

• pt555112pt555112 Posts: 2
    edited January 2021

We are no longer actively funding strategies, after a number of years of attempting to help people take ideas to production trading strategies it became clear that it was an almost impossible task to achieve. However, if you ARE able to produce a model that generates healthy profits we can help you get up and running with funding.

We did, however, note that there was a repeating issue for users, accessing a large variety of alternative datasets in a consistent and reliable manner.
    Most users were spending 80% of their time grinding on getting the data into a form and place that was useable and we were in a unique position to help having done this for years. Hence the change in focus that you have observed.

The backtester (app.cloudquant.com) remains a place for any user to try out strategy ideas using python in an easy to use event driven environment, free of charge.

• So if we have developed a really successful and unique strategy, how can we get it to you? Because the "Fund My Strategy" button is no longer on the page.

• cp439208cp439208 Posts: 1

@te258642 said:
    So if we have developed a really successful and unique strategy, how can we get it to you? Because the "Fund My Strategy" button is no longer on the page.

I'd really love to know the anwser to this question as well :)

• ptunneyptunney Posts: 246

The comments from January 5th still stand...

We are no longer actively looking for strategies to fund.

However, if you have a strategy that you have fully tested out on our system and it generates a good reliable profit then we may still be able to help you obtain funding. But the FUND MY STRATEGY button is no longer active.

If you have a fully tested idea and have demonstrated its efficacy on CloudQuant then you can send a message to Customer_Success@cloudquant.com together with your information, the name of the model and a submission hash for the backtest you would like considered.

But again, please note that this is no longer our business and so we cannot guarantee a reply. If the model is of interest then we may forward your information on to potential backers who may (or may not) get in touch.

• te258642te258642 Posts: 5

@ptunney said:
    The comments from January 5th still stand...

We are no longer actively looking for strategies to fund.

However, if you have a strategy that you have fully tested out on our system and it generates a good reliable profit then we may still be able to help you obtain funding. But the FUND MY STRATEGY button is no longer active.

If you have a fully tested idea and have demonstrated its efficacy on CloudQuant then you can send a message to Customer_Success@cloudquant.com together with your information, the name of the model and a submission hash for the backtest you would like considered.

But again, please note that this is no longer our business and so we cannot guarantee a reply. If the model is of interest then we may forward your information on to potential backers who may (or may not) get in touch.

You said above: "then we may forward your information on to potential backers". Who are the potential backers meant ?

• ptunneyptunney Posts: 246

Not at liberty to discuss who potential backers would be but unless your model is spectacular then you are going to have difficulty getting backing. To repeat, we are no longer in the business of funding algos/models.