Tried running first_script exactly as is in lesson 1 video, but got error message:

Could not submit job
HTTP Code: 400
Error Code: 2055
Given data does not match required structure or type. Field: "deque([u'properties',u"accounts',u'items',u'properties'u'tests,u'minItems'])", error message: "[] is too short"

Comments

• Can you post the script here? It seems that there's a bug with your code: "deque([u'properties',u"accounts',u'items',u'properties'u'tests,u'minItems'])", "accounts' should be 'accounts'

• from cloudquant.interfaces import Strategy

class first_script(Strategy):

# note that this doesn't start with "self" because it's a @staticmethod
    @classmethod
    def is_symbol_qualified(cls, symbol, md, service, account):
        return symbol in ['IBM', 'GS', 'MSFT', 'AMZN']

# called at the beginning of each instance  
    def on_start(self, md, order, service, account):
        print('Current Symbols:\t' + self.symbol)
        print('Current Time:\t' + service.time_to_string(service.system_time) + '\n')

def on_finish(self, md, order, service, account):
        print('on_finish\t Current Symbols:\t' + self.symbol)
        print('on_finish\t Current Time:\t' + service.time_to_string(service.system_time) + '\n')

• ms778834ms778834 Posts: 28

Try forking it from Public Scripts instead of copy-pasting it.

• Hi Martin, can you please explain the difference? Thanks.

• Without changing anything in the script, I just re-ran and now it worked. Not sure why. Maybe server was down?

Aha. Well, from what you've experienced it now seems like a backend error -
    could be the server, such a thing can happen during and/or after update. I thought that maybe when you copied the script, your computer saved it as Unicode, while only ASCII characters are allowed in CloudQuant code (it cannot hash any other format)→ this had happened to me, probably as I accidentally copied a character which was not part of the particular source code (you know, selecting the code with mouse...).

edited April 2017

Plieberman, do you still remember what date range you chose for your 1st backtest and/or any backtest|s| which you could not submit?