Error output to console after maximum console output is reached

sz697888sz697888 Posts: 17

Hi guys,

I'm running a multi strategy with lots of console outputs. After one day, the maximum limit of console output is reached. And then a couple more days later, there is a failure in the system and there is no error printing out due to the maximum output reached. Is there a way to still output the error message after maximum output limit is reached?

Thanks

Simon

Comments

• sz697888sz697888 Posts: 17

Alright, I think I will shift all my console output to a file so that the console has room for error message if there is any.

• Hi Simon,
    Thanks for your question. There is a limit to the amount of data that is allowed to pass through the API for display on the User Interface. We would suggest reducing the logging or doing exactly as you propose and saving it to a log file.

Let us know if you have any issues.

Thanks,
    Superquant

Hi Superquant,

Thanks for the reply! I am using different logging levels to control my logging now. It is not only printing out limited amount of logging. However, when I encounter the error again, it still has no error message printing out. I'm working on it to check if it is a memory issue such that the jobs are getting killed.

• Hi Simon,
    We do have a 2 hour time limit on compute tasks. Is that a possible explanation?

Thanks,
    Superquant

Hi Superquant,

I believe that is exactly what happened. I have exceeded the 2 hour time limit. Thanks for the reply.

@superquant said:
    Hi Simon,
    We do have a 2 hour time limit on compute tasks. Is that a possible explanation?

Thanks,
    Superquant