Save Data by writing to a file properly and then download the same?

I'm using service.write the data down to a specific file name, which I should be able to access the User Data Tab. I'm not able to download the data and the console with all the rows of data has fewer rows than there should be. What am I missing?

Comments

• ptunneyptunney Posts: 246

AU, we just added upload, download is a little more difficult as there are some restrictions around what we can allow people to take away from the site. I will pass your request on to the head of development.

Regarding the missing data... are you writing to the same file from multiple days? If you are not running multiple dates in parallel, each in their own unique instance, each making their own version of the file, when they complete they will write the file to user_data potentially treading on each others toes. This is the most common reason. Use file names that incorporate the date of the backtest in the name.

• +1 to PTs answer: when executing multiple days in parallel and writing to the same file you probably have some undefined behavior. I found two solutions for me. First one is to create multiple files for each day, for example data_01012019.txt. The other one is to create multiple files, but then join them inside the other script.

• Gotcha, this is helpful. I can think, different files for different dates should be fine. Thanks !!