Historical Data

Hi all,

I am looking to implement a machine learning based strategy, but will need some training data. What are my options for getting and using training data in the CQ environment? Does CQ provide me a way to get the previous X days minute bar data for a given stock, for example?

Comments

• shayneshayne Posts: 70
    edited June 2017
  • Ah perfect! Can't believe I missed that - thanks so much!

• Hi David,
    We also interested in hearing what types of machine learning tools would be helpful to you. Our R&D group is working on tools that will help facilitate and accelerate the machine learning training process as well as providing tools to analyze prediction quality.

Thanks for your question.

• Is there an object that can store information across different days. This question is particularly relevant for machine learning - a model might be expensive to train, so being able to run model.fit function once a month, for example, and store the model object in a variable that can accessed by the instances of strategy for subsequent days would be very helpful. Unless, such an object already exists?

• rt801290rt801290 Posts: 1

Is there a way to get L2 data?

• ptunneyptunney Posts: 246

Due to the size of L2 data we do not store it historically.

If you look at Level 2 for a symbols such as SPY, the L1 BID ASK may update a few times a second in the middle of the day but below that the book may be 50 to 100 prices deep on each side, each constantly updating.. That is a staggering amount of data.

Once a user is live trading with us we do have some variables available relating to Level 2, but they are only in a LIVE environment (forward testing and live trading only). The variables that are available give the number of shares available down to a set price and max/min price down to a set number of shares.